Events & Resources
This year’s Women’s Ministry Events theme is
“In everything give thanks”
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Join us as we gather together to celebrate the incredible opportunity to live a life that is thankful! A life that even through the dark, challenging and lonely valleys, can shine joy, contentment and an attitude of gratitude.
During our time together this year, we’ll discover how to live a life that doesn’t take for granted the seemingly ordinary, although extraordinary, facets of our daily lives … things like water, sunshine, freedom, music, laughter, love, books, and on and on and on. We’ll be inspired, challenged, motivated, encouraged and uplifted through relevant scriptural teaching, fabulous music, drama, video, art, laughter and connecting with one another.
Your $5 ticket includes a light lunch, door prizes, and childcare (birth through 5th grade if needed).
Mark your calendars for the remaining event of the Thankful season!
As we close out our “Thankful” season during this weekend Getaway, we’ll be reminded, encouraged and inspired to be thankful for our family, friends, and those in our circle of influence.
It’s always super fun to gather a few friends to get away, but also a great way to make new friends during the Getaway! How often do you actually get the chance to be with ladies in a carefree setting where you can be as active (zip lining, canoeing, slipping ‘n’ sliding down a hill, volleyball-ing) or as chill (hammock swaying, book reading, board game playing) as you’d like to be?
Lake Placid Camp and Conference Center is located just two hours north of us off US 27, so it’s a short ride up and back as we carpool together, leaving our campus at 2 pm Friday and arriving back here at 9 pm Saturday. Lake Placid’s Main Street is a little itty bitty downtown that’s quaint and has a few fabulous little boutique-y home decor and clothing shops attached to a sweet cafe which is certainly a lovely reason to hit the road a bit earlier on Friday should your schedule permit.
Linens on the bed, fridges in the room and a/c are all part of our wonderful sleeping accommodations … no tent, cabin or “roughing it.”… That’s always one of the first questions asked 🙂
Registration cost is $140 and includes lodging, carpooling, four meals, and all activities.
Don’t delay! Over 60 ladies have already signed up!
Holler with questions ~
Stephanie Bringas, Connections Director
email@example.com or (954)724-7400 ext 225
Take a look at some getaway photos from two previous seasons!
Love Does Challenge
At our last Love Does event, we challenged all of our gals to participate in the #ccclovedoeschallenge. Which challenge will you take on?
- Give your child’s teacher a $5 Dunkin Donuts card EACH MONTH with a SCRIPTURE
- Show care EACH WEEK – be the ride to the doctor’s office or grocery store
- Invite 1 person to church EVERY MONTH
- Host a neighborhood Vacation Bible School
- Sponsor a child ~ cmfi.org
- Write a note of encouragement to a different family member EACH WEEK
- Group text some friends a WEEKLY scripture and what it means to you
- Set aside $20 to do something nice for someone with on the 20th of each month
- Adopt an elderly person/coup and share meals, do yard work, etc.
- Commit to serving in an elderly facility 2X PER MONTH
- Organize a 5K run at your WORKPLACE to fight water crisis ~ http://activewater.org/
- Commit to serving 1X PER MONTH at one of our Community Impact Partners
“love” 2016 Season
“Thrive!” 2015 Season
Watch highlights from one of our past GODchicks Women’s Ministry Events:
Follow us on Pinterest for some great resources in many areas of life;
from Bible Study tips, to Marriage, Family, and more!