When is it? – Saturday, October 7, 8:30 AM
Where is it? – On the beach on N. Ocean Drive (A1A) 0.2 miles north of Commercial Boulevard in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. Allow 30 minutes of travel time from the church. Look for the blue canopy on the beach (see map & directions below).
How do I sign up? – Register online at www.communtiycc.com/beachbaptism. Or call Pastor to Adults Tim Gray at 954-724-7400 ext. 211 (email@example.com).
Do I need to attend a class before being baptized? – Anyone being baptized is strongly encouraged to attend one of our in-person classes.
- Discovering Community class on Thursday, September 28 at 7:00 PM at our Tamarac campus, available in English and Spanish.
- Discovering Community class on Saturday, September 30 at 10:00 AM at our Pompano Beach campus, available in English.
- Baptism Class on Wednesday, October 4 at 7:00 PM at our Pompano Beach campus, available in English.
- Baptism Class on Thursday, October 5 at 7:00 PM at our Tamarac campus, available in English and Spanish.
- Watch a video of the class on-demand.
Can I be baptized with my family? – Yes, but all being baptized should have attended or watched a Baptism Class or Discovering Community.
How long does it last? – About an hour, but please plan for 2 hours of parking.
What about the weather? – Please come rain or shine. Obviously, we will wait until a storm passes in the unlikely event of a morning thunderstorm at the beach.
What do I wear? – Women/girls should wear a modest swimsuit underneath a dark-colored T-shirt and dark-colored shorts. Men/boys should wear a modest bathing suit and a dark-colored T-shirt. Participants will receive a special baptism T-shirt to wear and keep.
Where do I park? – El Prado parking lot. Parking station takes coins, bills, and credit/debit cards but does not give change. Allow 2 hours for parking. The current rate for PayByPhone parking is $3.77 per hour. Recommend at least 2 hours. Also, the PayByPhone code for El Prado is 3436.
Note: For ease of parking meter payment, consider installing the PayByPhone app on your smartphone. You should turn OFF your mobile device’s WiFi before accessing PayByPhone when you park. It is also a good idea to bring cash and a credit card in case the electronic parking system is not working.
What should I bring? – Beach shoes, towel, T-shirt & shorts (dark-colored), parking money, bottled water.
May I bring a camera? – You may, but there will be church-provided video & still photography taken during the event.
May I bring family & friends? – Definitely! We encourage you to celebrate this event with those close to you.
What if I still have questions? – Contact Pastor to Adults Tim Gray at 954.724.7400 ext. 211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For GPS, use this address: 4444 N. Ocean Dr. Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL 33308
If you get lost, call Delia at 954-684-8426.
- From Community Christian Church (10001 W Commercial Blvd, Tamarac, FL 33351)
- Go East on Commercial Blvd
- Drive 12.0 Miles
- Turn left (North) on N. Ocean Drive (A1A)
- Drive North 0.2 miles to El Prado Parking Lot
- Park in El Prado Parking Lot ($2.00 per hour – cash, debit, or credit. Allow 2 hours for parking)
- Use beach access path to beach and look for the blue canopy