As we continue to return to normalcy after over a year of uncertainty, and in light of adjustments to COVID protocols being made throughout the state of Florida and recent updates from the CDC, we want to update you on a few changes that are being implemented at Community.
Effective Sunday, May 30 the following will be our policy with respect to the wearing of face masks for worship services and other programming for Community Kids and Community Students:
- Face masks will be REQUIRED at the 9:30 AM and 6:00 PM services at our Tamarac campus. This will be a consistent policy for ALL other programming taking place during the 9:30 AM and 6:00 PM services for Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, and High School.
- Face masks will be OPTIONAL at the 11:15 AM service at our Tamarac campus. This will be a consistent policy for ALL other programming taking place during the 11:15 AM service for Preschool, Elementary, and Middle School.
- We will continue to limit seating capacity in the Auditorium by taping off every other row until we grow to the point we need more rows available. Community Kids and Community Students will continue to encourage social distancing during their programs and services.
- Masks are REQUIRED for all Outreach and serving events such as Feeding South Florida and Community Impact.
- Masks are OPTIONAL for all on-campus and off-campus LifeGroups, Women’s Ministry studies, and Dude’s Night Bible study.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I want to wear a face mask, can I still come to the 11:15 AM service?
Yes, although the 11:15 AM service is designated as a mask-optional service time, you can still attend the 11:15 AM service and feel free to wear a face mask.
Why are you still asking that I wear a face mask at certain times when the state government has recently rolled back those mandates?
We certainly understand why you’re asking this good question. As a church where larger gatherings are taking place, our desire is to make decisions with both wisdom (which causes us to take our changes a little bit slower) and love (understanding that there are many different experiences and viewpoints around this pandemic).
What precautions are you taking to ensure a safe environment?
- Staff and volunteers will be sanitizing the Auditorium and frequently touched surfaces before you arrive and after you leave.
- Touchless hand sanitizing stations will be available at multiple locations outside and throughout the building.
- We encourage everyone to wash or sanitize hands regularly.